Thursday, April 12, 2012

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE



So this week has been going good. It was my Dads birthday on Monday, so we celebrated with a cake and my brother and I bought him a gynormous bottle of vino.
AS far as classes… I’m love teaching, the students are so hilarious. CPC is good times. Yesterday I walked into my 5th grade class and this little boy starred directly into my eyes and said “welcome to the jungle” I about lost it, I was dying laughing. My laughter provoked this student to show off all his English and he began to sing his on rendition of “ my humps”. I couldn’t stop laughing, and then all of a sudden a few more students started singing and dancing and HUMPING! I finally had to tell them to calm down, but really I wanted to ask them what other songs they could sing for me.

Tuesday night I attended my first dance class. Here in Cartagena they have a gimnasio that is open to the public and it offers a Latin influenced dance course. It was so much fun. I made a few new friends and I got to shake my tail feather! Also, this week I started running with my brother. He is a P.E. teacher and is super sporty. It’s been nice to have him around to do activities with.  Last night we went for a run and after I made him do yoga with me in the hallway. We have fun together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment