Sunday, April 29, 2012

birthday and such


Wednesday 18th 2012
I had a great birthday. On Wednesday I celebrated at school with my students. Everyone gave me hugs and kisses wishing me the best year. The 6th grade in particular showered me with love and surprised me with a party. We enjoyed chips and juice together. My co-teacher as well surprised me and brought his guitar to class and played us all few songs. He ripped! Everyone here is so musically talented, but not I.



Thursday April 19, 2012
On Thursday (the day which my Birthday fell on) I luckily didn’t have class. This allowed me to enjoy the entire day. I woke up around 12, and just hung out until Hector got back from class. He, my mom and I all ate a delicious almuerzo together, a canzuelo with chicken potato and squash, my fav! After lunch my brother and I packed our bags to go to a “secret’ beach. We hopped on bus 6 and headed north. I had never traveled this far north, it was so beautiful. To your left, agua and waves and to your right tierra and trees.  We past san Sebastian, San Carlos, Las Cruces, Isla Negra and all of a sudden my brother shouted the bus driver “Stop”. We exited the bus, crossed the street and continued walking. I was confused where we were going. It was a small quiet village and not a soul in sight. DAMN was it beautiful. I liked the tranquility of this countryside. We walked for about 15 minutes and there it was….all of a sudden a forest of trees, but past the trees laid a beautiful cove. Where forest met Sea.
I was amazed. I had never seen anything like this before, luxury. We laid out our towels, cracked some beers and just melted. It was a beautiful day.














1 comment:

  1. girlfriend!! omg the secret beach sounds incredible and the pics look awesome. I am picturing it and melting. I want to be there omgggg did you take tay there? sounds perfecto. How is the food in CHile vs. Alicante?? haha...your bday meal sounds scrumptious :) hows the beer sitch? your mama is so beautiful! that's the first pic i have seen of her and Hector (obvi Hector is a goddess). Love the surprise partyness too. duh they would make sure it was super special :) love you, glad to be catching up on your blog!!! xoxox have a happy day sista!

    ReplyDelete