Thursday, April 5, 2012

Afternoon with mis hermanos


Tour of Cartagena
First off I want to say how much I have enjoyed my experience here in Cartagena. My family is so great. My brothers couldn’t be cuter with each other, always watching out for one and other. And my sweet mom, who is so giving and may I say a marvelous cook. She makes these amazing soups like Canzuela de vacuno and Porotos Granados. So good and healthy, me encanta!

Anyway. Today my brothers Hector and Eli took me to see more of Cartagena. Here in Cartagena we have two beaches, playa grande, where my house lies, and down street is playa chica. It was a bright in sunny day so it was nice to get out and see the town. My brother was telling me how Cartagena in the 40’s use to be a place for the “VIP”. Although many of these beautiful sites are abandoned, you can see how this city used to thrive como churches, castles, and other beautiful estates. The president once had a huge house here. Below I took a few pictures so you can check them out. Hoy en día during winter many of the stores and restaurants are closed because there’s not much traffic. But the city flourishes in the summer so they say… so maybe I might have to stay until then.... :) also the surf rocks and the graffit is genial!











No comments:

Post a Comment