Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Second day with my ALUMNOS


Vida as a teacher….. So today was my second day of class and it was lovely. Once again the kids made me feel so loved. However today I was with younger students. The lower grades in my school have a lot more students like 25-45.

Below is my schedule and I’m going to share some funny things that happened today in each class

1st period= 8th grade 
In this class there are many of what we as teachers call “travelers”. Students who get up for no reason, always roaming the class. In the states this would never be tolerated but here its not a big deal.

2nd period=6th grade
My babies. Sixth grade is thus far my favorite. Today they kept swarming me asking me a million questions. What is the capital, do you know Micheal Jackson or Brad Pitt? How do you say” me gusta jugar fútbol”.I would move about the class trying to help different  people but I kept finding myself in a huddle of students.

3rd period=6th grade S
aSme deal as class before. I noticed that my students have a hard time pronouncing the “j” and it comes out in the sound of “h”. From this I learned that many of the kids like to “hump rope”. I was dying laughing.  Also two students got sent outside for trying to teach my bad words….

4th period=5th grade
My little ones,que lindos están. This class for my co-teacher was lost cause. He couldn’t teach them anything because they kept swarming me, but they didn’t give me as much room to breath as the 6th grade. At times I was feeling claustrophobic. The kept shouting “I love California” and  wanting me to draw them pictures?

5th period=5th grade
Same deal. Que bueno!

I think I received over 1000 kisses today. I gotta say, I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment